[Lxc-users] Batch invocation of apt-get?

Milan Zamazal pdm at zamazal.org
Tue Feb 15 09:57:12 UTC 2011

    TWB> Sounds like you want a change management system, like puppet or
    TWB> cfengine.

I just run about 20 virtual servers / containers, each of them running a
different kind of service, so these tools are apparently not for me.

    TWB> By blowing away and rebuilding containers that aren't in
    TWB> production (which I have fully scripted), and by ssh'ing into
    TWB> containers that are in production.

OK, so it seems there is no special tool to do it.  In such a case I can
use something similar as you.  Another way might be to initiate
automated upgrades from the host, e.g. by putting something into
.../CONTAINER/etc/cron.d/ or so when upgrades should be performed; this
would also make stopped host to perform the upgrade as soon as they are
started.

Thank you for help.