[Lxc-users] Batch invocation of apt-get?

Trent W. Buck twb at cybersource.com.au
Mon Feb 14 23:42:10 UTC 2011

Milan Zamazal <pdm at zamazal.org> writes:

> I migrate from VServer to Linux Containers on Debian 6.0.  I can't find
> any vapt-get equivalent in order to be able to upgrade all running
> containers at once.  I wouldn't like to handle each container manually
> with lxc-console nor to stop the containers (so that I can use
> lxc-execute) nor to run sshd in the containers.

Sounds like you want a change management system, like puppet or
cfengine.

> How do you do it?

By blowing away and rebuilding containers that aren't in production
(which I have fully scripted), and by ssh'ing into containers that are
in production.

I only have a couple dozen containers; if I had hundreds I would be
using puppet.