[Lxc-users] getting output from lxc-start?

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue Feb 1 13:54:53 UTC 2011

On 02/01/2011 12:04 PM, Dean Mao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been messing around with trying to get the output of lxc-start into a
> file some.  I know that lxc-start produces a log file, as well as the
> ability to fetch the dmesg file directly from the container's log file
> directory, but I was curious if it was possible to just run lxc-start in a
> nohup and use some kind of dummy getty instance to pipe the output into a
> file.  The closest thing I could find was using screen's logging capability.
>   The log file produced by lxc-start doesn't really resemble the output
> generated from the container boot.  Is there dummy getty/terminal thing that
> I could get the actual output of the container boot process?

Ok, I just realize I forget to commit the patch to output the console to
a file :)
I did the change right now and will release a 0.7.4-rc1 version in a moment.

Please can you check that works for you ?

   lxc-start -n <name> -o lxc.log -l DEBUG -c console.log

or

  lxc-start -n <name> -o lxc.log -l DEBUG -c /dev/null

or

  lxc-start -n <name> -o logs -l DEBUG -c logs

Thanks for reporting the problem

   -- Daniel