[Lxc-users] getting output from lxc-start?

Dean Mao deanmao at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:04:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've been messing around with trying to get the output of lxc-start into a
file some.  I know that lxc-start produces a log file, as well as the
ability to fetch the dmesg file directly from the container's log file
directory, but I was curious if it was possible to just run lxc-start in a
nohup and use some kind of dummy getty instance to pipe the output into a
file.  The closest thing I could find was using screen's logging capability.
 The log file produced by lxc-start doesn't really resemble the output
generated from the container boot.  Is there dummy getty/terminal thing that
I could get the actual output of the container boot process?

Thanks,
Dean