[Lxc-users] Fedora 15 on Fedora 15 LXC with Libvirt

Iliyan ILF Stoyanov ilf at ilf.me
Tue Aug 2 00:20:10 UTC 2011

Hi again,

Thanks, but no thanks on the libvirt mailing list. I found out that just
reading their -devel ml was enough for me and combined with the trial
and error method I was able to reach what I wanted a while ago,
concerning SANs over FC, IB and building private cloud infras with
libvirt and qemu, however I decline going that road again :).

On the other side, would someone be so kind to point me in the right
direction (either documentation, source or anything else available) that
I can follow so that I set up lxc container just with the LXC tools. I
probably decided to go the wrong way about this and use a framework I
already know and trying to skip learning the nuts and bolts of LXC
before going to libvirt.

I would like to know first of all, did someone get F15 or any other
distro (I'm also using Arch a lot) running systemd on both host and
container to run and if so, what were the steps followed. I searched
google with bunch of different criteria lxc fedora 15, lxc fedora
systemd, etc. but from what I've been able to find, it seems no one is
running lxc with systemd. I see people having success with upstart, but
Debian and Ubuntu are just not my cup of tea, so I would like to stick
to RedHat based distro for a bunch of company reasons.

>From what I gathered from the howto it seems I should run a hand made
/sbin/init in the container, but with systemd I'm at a total loss, what
exactly should I do. In F15 /sbin/init is actually a symlink to
/bin/systemd. I would probably have better success with Arch in this
regard, as I still have a proper rc.sysinit and /sbin/init  that is not
a symlink to /bin/systemd.

Practically I'm lost here and without a hint of proper direction. I
would try reading the howto again and will setup an lxc config file,
but I still have the feeling it will be a fiasco, so any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the time you are spending reading my messages that I
realize are half rants - half help requests

BR,
ilf