[Lxc-users] Running LXC on a pxelinux machine

Gus Power gus at energizedwork.com
Tue Apr 5 07:49:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've got a pxelinux boot configuration with a remote NFS root filesystem
and was wondering if anyone out there has tried running lxc on such a
configuration. I'm having difficulty getting the host machine to talk
with the running lxc containers.

I managed to get a local bridge interface up and running without hanging
the host machine using the following:

#Copy to /tmp tmpfs to avoid NFS hang
cp /sbin/brctl /tmp
cp /sbin/ifconfig /tmp

/tmp/brctl
/tmp/ifconfig
/tmp/brctl addbr br0
/tmp/ifconfig br0 up
/tmp/brctl setfd br0 0
/tmp/brctl stp br0 off
/tmp/brctl addif br0 eth0
/tmp/ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.68 netmask 255.255.255.0
/tmp/brctl show

>From there I can create lxc container instances; other machines on the
network can talk to them but the host machine is unable to do so. I
suspect I need to update the bridge tables (using ebtables) in some way.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gus.