[Lxc-users] Container Filesystem in a file (loopback mount)

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Thu Sep 30 21:50:09 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 4:22 PM, Andy Billington
<andy at andybillington.com> wrote:
> In terms of what I was doing to destroy the file system, I think I can
> summarise it for you. No running containers, no open files on filesystem and
> no processes even looking at it apart from mount. Run a du -h against it to
> check something, crash.
>
> Btrfs-tools says 0.19 as that's what came in from the apt-get. Maybe newer
> btrfs versions may work better, but until they "qualify" for an apt-get in
> Ubuntu LTS, they aren't options. ZFS on the other hand has been rock solid
> in testing in this and other scenarios for two years, so the problems I've
> had are not LXC related, they are btrfs problems with the current LTS
> version of btrfs. Maybe someone can get look at getting that upgraded, if
> there is a stable release? But, as I said, digressing ....

ah, right, i forget that i use Archlinux for everything (i'm not a
host :-), so i'm always running the brandest new spankiest kernels,
and i build the btrfs tools from git into a native Arch package.

but yes, i would not recommend using it on .32, was only declared
ready for [very] early adopters at that point :-D

C Anthony