[Lxc-users] automount in the container

Helmut Lichtenberg heli at tzv.fal.de
Fri Sep 24 07:02:10 UTC 2010

Hi,
I set up my first container and want to mount the home directories for the
users with automount/autofs5.

During installation of autofs5 in the container, it complained that it can't
create /dev/autofs. Create this node with mknod was possible but did not help.
When I want to step into the automount dir it seems to hang (the prompt does
not return).

Also bind mounting the mount point for the automount directory on the host
into the container did not work. Even when the nfs-directories are mounted on
the host, they are not visible in the container.

Background: Debian GNU/Linux squeeze/sid both in host and container
            lxc tools 0.7.2-1
            kernel    2.6.32-5-amd64
            autofs5   5.0.4-3.1

Any help is appreciated.