[Lxc-users] Start a container in background but with boot messages

lxc at jelmail.com lxc at jelmail.com
Thu Sep 16 08:56:12 UTC 2010

>Does anyone know about a way to start a container, watch the messages of
>the services started and any output of the scripts, but when startup is
>finished returning to the shell, as if you had used -d?

The way I do this is to use "screen". Not quite what you want but does
allow you to see the output, drop to the shell any time and even go back
into the container's console to see its shutdown messages.

# screen -dmS mycontainer lxc-start -n mycontainer && screen -x mycontainer

To exit the container console, do Control-A then D.

To re-enter the container console, do

# screen -x mycontainer

Hope that helps.

http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE