[Lxc-users] lxc-unshare woes and signal forwarding in lxc-start

Greg Kurz gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Thu May 27 08:41:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 14:22 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> I'd say we should setpgrp the container init, forward all signals we
> can to it, and have a configuration option for the set of signals
> which
> should be forwarded to the full process group of the container init.
> Or does it make sense to swallow anything?

That makes sense to setpgrp() in the container init if you also
tcsetpgrp(). This way, the appropriate process group is registered in
the tty driver. No need for lxc-start to forward tty based signals.

Gregory Kurz                                     gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Software Engineer @ IBM/Meiosys                  http://www.ibm.com
Tel +33 (0)534 638 479                           Fax +33 (0)561 400 420

"Anarchy is about taking complete responsibility for yourself."
        Alan Moore.