[Lxc-users] Dreadful network performance, only to host from container

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Thu May 27 07:51:29 UTC 2010

Hi,
I have several LXC containers, running on Ubuntu Lucid's current kernel,
2.6.32-22.

Network performance from the containers to the LAN is fine.
However copying files (scp/rsync/whatever) between the containers and
their host is extremely slow - a steady 32 kb/sec.

I am using bridged networking, with an mtu of 1500 on the bridge and all
the related devices (virtual and real).
I have tried setting 'setfd' to 0 on br0.

Config includes:
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = br0
lxc.network.ipv4 = 0.0.0.0
lxc.network.name = eth0

I couldn't spot anything quite like this on the mailing list archives,
although I did see in february this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lxc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00071.html

but it didn't seem to be resolved.

Any thoughts?