[Lxc-users] Running Fedora12 container on Ubuntu

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue Jul 20 12:43:02 UTC 2010

On 07/20/2010 02:29 PM, Nikola Simidzievski wrote:
> Hi,
> This change boots the system, but none of the services is started. Here is
> an output:
> touch: cannot touch `/var/lock/subsys/rsyslogd': No such file or directory
> Starting sshd:                                       [touch: cannot touch
> `/var/lock/subsys/sshd': No such file or directory
>
> MySQL Daemon failed to start.
> Starting MySQL:                                      [FAILED]
> touch: cannot touch `/var/lock/subsys/httpd': No such file or directory
> touch: cannot touch `/var/lock/subsys/local': No such file or directory

I think your rootfs is not completely configured.
You should probably check, in the Bodhizazen's blog, the "Configure the
rootfs" section.

At present, all this stuff is manual, but I am sure we will be able to
create some scripts to automatically generate these OS templates like
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/lxc-provider/

Thanks
   -- Daniel

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Daniel Lezcano<dlezcano at fr.ibm.com>  wrote:
>

>> On 07/20/2010 01:58 PM, Nikola Simidzievski wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I am trying to get Fedora 12 container on Ubuntu 10.4, but I have several
>>> problems. I installed new  rootfs using febootstrap , and configured it,
>>> and
>>> created new fstab (guided form
>>> http://blog.bodhizazen.net/linux/lxc-configure-fedora-containers ) :
>>>
>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> none /lxc/rootfs.fedora/dev/pts devpts defaults 0 0
>>> none /lxc/rootfs.fedora/proc proc defaults 0 0
>>> none /lxc/rootfs.fedora/sys sysfs defaults 0 0
>>> #none /lxc/rootfs.fedora/var/lock tmpfs defaults 0 0
>>> #none /lxc/rootfs.fedora/var/run tmpfs defaults 0 0
>>> /etc/resolv.conf /lxc/rootfs.fedora/etc/resolv.conf none bind 0 0
>>> My lxc conf. file look like this :
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> lxc.utsname = fedora
>>> lxc.tty = 4
>>> lxc.network.type = veth
>>> lxc.network.flags = up
>>> lxc.network.link = br-node0
>>> lxc.network.name = eth0
>>> lxc.network.mtu = 1500
>>> lxc.network.ipv4 = 10.0.0.1/24
>>> lxc.rootfs = /lxc/rootfs.fedora
>>> lxc.mount = /lxc/fstab.fedora
>>> lxc.cgroup.devices.deny = a
>>> # /dev/null and zero
>>> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:3 rwm
>>> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:5 rwm
>>> # consoles
>>> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:1 rwm
>>> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 5:0 rwm
>>> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:0 rwm