[Lxc-users] What's the setup for macvlan on the host to talk to containers?

Andy Phillips Andrew.Phillips at lmax.com
Tue Jul 6 22:12:23 UTC 2010

Hi
  You can call it what you like. One guide I found used # as in eth0#1 but I
didn't like that. I just use : because its familiar to people and its a
close conceptual match. I've used 'fred' and etha in testing.
   On the versions thing you may find that stock ubuntu 10.04 allows you to
create macvlans but will not display them properly or support the 'mode'
attribute. Best to update to the version that matches your kernel.
   Andy