[Lxc-users] Poor network performance between container and host

Dominik Schulz lkml at ds.gauner.org
Sat Jan 30 13:16:48 UTC 2010

Hi,
I'm currently evaluating LXC as an alternative to other contextualisation
technologies, and I have the problem that network connections between the
container and the host on which it is running are very slow (about 35 kbit/s)
wheras connections to other system can exploit the full connection speed.

Is this a known issue or is someting wrong with my configuration?

The relevant snippet of my lxc config:
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = br0
lxc.network.name = eth0
lxc.network.mtu = 1500

My Bridge (br0) has an MTU of 1480, could that be the problem?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Dominik