[Lxc-users] Can't start a 2nd container with 0.6.5

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Sat Jan 23 21:44:05 UTC 2010

Brian K. White wrote:

>> However, now when I go to make a 2nd container, I can't start it.
>> I can create it, but not execute or start.
>>

> Well I'm more boggled now.
> I stopped my first container nj12.
> lxc-ls shows nothing, screen -ls shows nothing, mount shows nothing
> extra, yet trying to start nj13 still fails, and trying to start nj12
> still succeeds.
>
> I can't find anything functionally different between nj12 and nj13...
> What could I be missing???

Yep, there is a problem with the pivot root and the umount of the
different mount point in the old rootfs.
This problem appears with some configuration (I didn't figure out which
one yet), I did a hot fix, which is more a workaround than a real fix,
(I didnt't understand where is coming the real problem).

As soon as I find the culprit, I will release a 0.6.6 version to fix
that as the 0.6.5 is bogus.

In the meantime, if you wish to test, I attached the patch to this email.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

  -- Daniel