[Lxc-users] Can not start containers using latest tools from the git

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Thu Jan 21 15:21:39 UTC 2010

John Drescher wrote:
>> can you give the following information ?
>>  * content of the /proc/mounts file
>>

> localhost ~ # cat /proc/mounts
> rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
> /dev/sda2 / ext4 rw,noatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
> proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
> rc-svcdir /lib64/rc/init.d tmpfs
> rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=1024k,mode=755 0 0
> none /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000 0 0
> tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
> sysfs /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
> udev /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755 0 0
> none /cgroup cgroup rw,relatime,freezer,devices,memory,cpuacct,cpu,ns,cpuset 0 0
> usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,devgid=85,devmode=664 0 0
> none /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000 0 0

Thank you for the details.

I think the problem is coming from the /dev/shm tmpfs directory is
overwritten by the next udev tmpfs mount.
So the lxc code finds, in /proc/mounts, the /dev/shm mount point and
tries to unmount it, but this one is not visible yet because /dev has to
be unmounted before.

This is something to be fixed before the 0.6.5 release.
But I think the /dev/shm mount point is useless and IMO you can comment
it from your /fstab and check if the container starts.