[Lxc-users] regular lxc development call?

Brian K. White brian at aljex.com
Mon Dec 13 21:54:51 UTC 2010

On 12/13/2010 1:03 PM, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 03:06 +0000, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
>> Quoting Daniel Lezcano (daniel.lezcano at free.fr):

>>> Yep, IMO it is a good idea.

>>> I don't have a conf number, if anyone has one that will be great,
>>> otherwise I am fine with skype or irc.
>>
>> Looks like we'll be starting small anyway, so let's just try skype.  Anyone
>> interested in joining, please send me your skype id.
>>
>> What is a good time?  I'll just toss thursday at 9:30am US Central time
>> (15:30 UTC) out there.
>>
>> -serge
>
> I'd like to attend that call, Skype ID: stgraber
>
> Depending on how many people are going to attend and where they're from,
> I might be able to provide a conf number.
> I asked my company (Revolution Linux) and we can use our 1-800 number
> for the call. I can also invite people from other countries as long as
> they are on landline.
>
> 9:30am central is a bit early for me as I tend to arrive at the office
> around 10am central (9am eastern).
>
> I'm usually around from 9am eastern to 11:30am and 12:30pm to 5:30pm.
> Monday being usually quite busy so would like to avoid if possible :)
>
> I guess it might be useful to have a list somewhere (wiki ?) of people
> who'd like to attend with availabilities and timezone.

I would like to lurk on that.
I don't have a skype account and would have preferred irc but I'll get a
skype account.

I'm currently using lxc in limited forms of production (production that
must work, but can tolerate occasional down time, apologies, growing
pains) using that as a way to create and then improve
distribution-specific packaging and integration in opensuse. Using that
as a stepping stone to real production later where customers will
actually run on lxc vm's and they must work well enough that I never
have to apologize to a customer.

I'm not affiliated with opensuse, but no one else is writing any distro
integration yet so my build service packages and opensuse wiki article
are pretty much all there is for opensuse yet.

As you said, several startup/shutdown issues need to be discussed
further to arrive at a general consensus for best practice and most
expected behavior, which is where my interest lies at the moment. C/R
will be nice but it's too far off for me to use practically although I
think some of the userspace glue is within my areas of interest and ability.

--
bkw