[Lxc-users] regular lxc development call?

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 13 18:03:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 03:06 +0000, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Daniel Lezcano (daniel.lezcano at free.fr):
> > On 11/29/2010 03:53 PM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > at UDS-N we had a session on 'fine-tuning containers'.  The focus was
> > > things we can do in the next few months to improve containers.  The
> > > meeting proeedings can be found at
> > > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDSProceedings/N/CloudInfrastructure#Make%20LXC%20ready%20for%20production
> > >
> > > We have a few work items written down at
> > > https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/cloud-server-n-containers-finetune
> > > The list is flexible fwiw, but we thought it might help to have a regular
> > > call, perhaps every other week, to discuss work items, their design,
> > > and their progress.  For some features like reboot/shutdown, I think
> > > design still needs discussion.  For other things, it's more important
> > > that we just discuss who's doing what and what's been done.
> > >
> > > Is there interest in having such a call?
> > >

> > Yep, IMO it is a good idea.
> >
> > > I suspect most of the containers work now is purely volunteer driven,
> > > so a free venue seems worthwhile.  Should we do this over skype?  IRC?
> > > Does someone want to set up a conference number?
> > >

> > I don't have a conf number, if anyone has one that will be great,
> > otherwise I am fine with skype or irc.
>
> Looks like we'll be starting small anyway, so let's just try skype.  Anyone
> interested in joining, please send me your skype id.
>
> What is a good time?  I'll just toss thursday at 9:30am US Central time
> (15:30 UTC) out there.
>
> -serge

I'd like to attend that call, Skype ID: stgraber

Depending on how many people are going to attend and where they're from,
I might be able to provide a conf number.
I asked my company (Revolution Linux) and we can use our 1-800 number
for the call. I can also invite people from other countries as long as
they are on landline.

9:30am central is a bit early for me as I tend to arrive at the office
around 10am central (9am eastern).

I'm usually around from 9am eastern to 11:30am and 12:30pm to 5:30pm.
Monday being usually quite busy so would like to avoid if possible :)

I guess it might be useful to have a list somewhere (wiki ?) of people
who'd like to attend with availabilities and timezone.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer