[Lxc-users] LXC container SSH X forwarding kernel crash

Ferenc Holzhauser ferenc.holzhauser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 10:41:52 UTC 2010

On 26 July 2010 16:55, Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr> wrote:
> On 07/26/2010 11:34 AM, Ferenc Holzhauser wrote:
>>
>> On 26 July 2010 10:56, Daniel Lezcano<daniel.lezcano at free.fr>  wrote:
>>>
>>> On 07/26/2010 08:57 AM, Ferenc Holzhauser wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
>> I've already searched for a known issue based on the crash information
>> I have, with no luck.
>> I don't think I have anything special. Attached my interfaces and
>> lxc-config files as well as lspci and lsmod output.
>
> Is it possible your container receives ICMP redirect ?

Daniel,

- AFAIK iptables is there by default with the Ubuntu Lucid server on
the host (iptables -L confirms).
- Honestly I don't know if it gets ICMP redirect when SSH X forwarding
is started in the container. I couldn't find any clue on my system or
reference on the Internet to this happening.

Considering the fact that I don't experience the crash in the same
environment with the same installation and setup on other type
machines I tend to believe that the problem is some odd lower level
(driver/bios) issue related to the type of HW. Arie advised  to try
fwts to see if it shows anything obvious.
I've run it but it keeps segfaulting. I'd need to spend some more time with it.

Let me know if there is anything else I could try to help the investigation.

Regards,
Ferenc