[lxc-devel] lxc_copy arguments left out in stable tags from master

Christian Brauner christianvanbrauner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 19:25:27 UTC 2017

Hi Lars,

If I'm not completely​ mistaken then I answered the same question by one of
your colleagues yesterday. :) So here's the gist. As is said in the readme
for the LXC repo we are following a strictly semantic versioning scheme.
Since the last Major version bump to 2.0.0 we have only been bumping the
patch number 2.0.*. The 2.0.* branch is our current  stable branch which
means we only ever push bugfixes for it and bump the patch number. New,
backward compatible features are only ever in feature releases where we
bump the minor number. The new features of lxc-copy will only appear with
next feature release of 2. This will see a bunch of other improvements as
well. The exact time-frame will likely be determined the coming week. So
far we plan on a new feature release latest in July. I hope this is
acceptable.

Thanks for getting in touch,
Christian