[lxc-devel] lxc-stop: umount issue?

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Mon Dec 11 15:40:18 UTC 2017

Hi Serge,

On 12/11/17 4:40 AM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Harald Dunkel (harri at afaics.de):
>> On 12/07/17 22:30, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
>>>
>>> What filesystem are you using?
>>
>> ext4 on a drbd block device:
>>
>> /dev/drbd1 /data1 ext4 rw,noatime,stripe=256,data=ordered 0 0
>
> I have to think drbd would be the problem.  But I assume you
> haven't seen any other issues with it other than lxc?

The cluster does only LXC, DRBD, and it forwards the network
communication between the containers and the outside world.
Each container has its own firewall rules for access control.
The cluster sits behind a big openBSD firewall controlling
access from and to the internet.

I have 7 drbd clusters running LXC (Debian 8 or newer, sysvinit).
Some are much more complex, but only this one cluster has this
problem (on both hosts). The funny part is, if it ran into
this problem and recovered from it, then the problem doesn't
come back. I can stop other LXCs without problem. It appears to
me that something got woken up. I am not sure if this is still
the case after a few additional weeks of runtime, though.

Regards
Harri