[lxc-devel] lxc-stop: umount issue?

Christian Brauner christian.brauner at mailbox.org
Mon Dec 11 15:17:46 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 12:59:23PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> On 12/07/17 22:30, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> >
> > What filesystem are you using?
>
> ext4 on a drbd block device:
>
> /dev/drbd1 /data1 ext4 rw,noatime,stripe=256,data=ordered 0 0

What is the container's config file? liblxc itself does not know what
drbd devices are and cannot create such containers. So I expect your
container's config file to contain a line like:

lxc.rootfs = /data1/<container-name>/rootfs

without a storage type prefix and without lxc.rootfs.backend (for old
liblxc versions) set. In this case liblxc will use the dir storage
driver. So liblxc itself should never try to unmount anything on the
host on shutdown especially not /data1. The only interesting thing
liblxc does when the dir storage driver is used is to give itself a bind
mount for the root filesystem in the container's mount namespace. Are
you using any ({post-}stop) hooks?

Christian