[lxc-devel] Containers & Process Isolation Devroom CFP

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 2 15:35:11 UTC 2015

Original e-mail from: Sergey Bronnikov

**Please forward to any project or individual that might be interested in
participating in this devroom!**

----------------------
Call for Participation
----------------------

The Containers & Process Isolation devroom will feature sessions around
Containers virtualization and Process Isolation, with topics to include open
source container technologies and process isolation.

This devroom will host presentations and labs that focus on topics of shared
interest, such as Linux containers, FreeBSD Jails, Solaris Zones, capsicum,
seccomp, sandboxing, and scaling across hundreds or thousands of servers.

Presentations in this devroom will be aimed at developers working on these
platforms who are looking to collaborate and improve shared infrastructure
or solve common problems.

The devroom organizers will seek topics that encourage dialog between
projects and continued work post-FOSDEM.

---------------
Important Dates
---------------

Submission deadline: 1 December 2015
Acceptance notifications: 10 December 2015
Final schedule announcement: 17 December 2015
Devroom: 30 January 2016 (1 day)

-------------------------------------
Submission Guidelines: READ CAREFULLY
-------------------------------------

** Please note that we expect more proposals than we can possibly accept, so
it is vitally important that you submit your proposal on or before the
deadline. Late submissions are unlikely to be considered.**

* All presentation slots are 45 minutes, with 35 minutes planned for
presentations, and 10 minutes for Q&A.

* All presentations *will* be recorded and made available under Creative
Commons licenses. In the "Submission notes" field, please indicate that you
agree that your presentation will be licensed under the CC-By-SA-4.0 or
CC-By-4.0 license and that you agree to have your presentation recorded. For
example:

"If my presentation is accepted for FOSDEM, I hereby agree to license
all recordings, slides, and other associated materials under the Creative
Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0 International License. Sincerely,
<NAME>."

* In the "Submission notes" field, please also confirm that if your talk is
accepted, you *will* be able to attend FOSDEM and deliver your presentation.
We will not consider proposals from prospective speakers who are unsure
whether they will be able to secure funds for travel and lodging to attend
FOSDEM. (Sadly, we are not able to offer travel funding for prospective
speakers.)

-------------
How to Submit
-------------

All submissions must be made via the Pentabarf event planning site:
https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM16

If you have not used Pentabarf before, you will need to create an account.
If you submitted proposals for FOSDEM in previous years, you can use your
existing account.

After creating the account, select "Create Event" to start the submission
process. Make sure to select "Containers & Process Isolation devroom" from the
Track list.

Please fill out all the required fields, and provide a meaningful abstract
and description of your proposed session.

-------------------
Call for Volunteers
-------------------

We are also looking for volunteers to help run the devroom. We need
assistance watching time for the speakers, and helping with video for the
devroom. Please contact Sergey Bronnikov (sergeyb at openvz.org) or
containers-devroom at lists.fosdem.org for more information.

---------
Questions
---------

If you have any questions about this devroom, please send your questions to:
containers-devroom at lists.fosdem.org.
We will respond as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Also please refer to page https://openvz.org/FOSDEM2016