[lxc-devel] gentoo container building fails during wget.

lxc-developer at noci.xs4all.nl lxc-developer at noci.xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 19 11:54:58 UTC 2015

Ok, you were right. And your suggested command works as intended.

the role of the --config wan't clear so there may be a documentation issue
here. As it is about the config file for the lxc-create and not the config file
for the container.

btw,
/etc as default for container rootfs doesn't seem a logical choice for me.
/opt or /var seem to be more logical choice as default.
It might even be better if the default container location is expicitly spelled
out in default.conf.

On the website i saw lxfs & lxd are they coming to gentoo too?

Also i hope the openrc scripting will be carried on for a while as i don't
intend  to use systemd until it PROVES itself to be mature.
Until now i have seem too many mishaps.. (VM's that could be setup from an iso
image but would not boot and hang some where before the root filesystem is
mounted with a black screen, or they end up in the initramfs system and there
is nothing logged, and no tooling available to actually find out what happens
(rather didn't happen, like pivoting to the actual rootfs).

kind regards,
Nico