[lxc-devel] gentoo container building fails during wget.

lxc at zitta.fr lxc at zitta.fr
Thu Feb 19 07:22:44 UTC 2015

I think what you want is : lxc-create -t gentoo -n test2 -P /rawstore

-P option is meant to replace default location of container storage : /var/lib/lxc or etc/lxc in gentoo's main ebuild.
it doesn't contain container name
rootfs and config are calculated with this value and you don't have to specify them.

when you put -P /rawstore/test2, this mean that container will be in "/rawstore/test2/test2".
template will create config in /rawstore/test2/test2/config but, you specified /rawstore/test2/config

I think error message should have been "file not found".
Perhaps there is some correction to be done in template ou code...

btw, I provide ebuilds with corrected (/var/lib/lxc) default container store on github : https://github.com/gza/gentoo-lxc-overlay

regards,

Guillaume ZITTA