[lxc-devel] About to tag alpha-2

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Sep 30 22:00:45 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-30 at 15:56 -0400, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> Hey everyone,

> So just wanted to let you know that current git master is the alpha-2
> candidate.

> If you have some time today/tonight, please grab git master and test it
> to find any major issue which we shouldn't release alpha-2 with.

We have two open buzilla reports, one at Debian and one at Fedora that
are flagged as security issues due to fixed, predicatable, user ids and
passwords in the containers created from the live templates.  Can we get
these issues addressed?  In a distro, that would be a hard stop critical
dependency.  I would throw a blocker on that alone just to get two
security reports off our desks.

> If there's no report of such issue by tomorrow morning, I'll tag alpha-2
> and then we'll resume landing changes into git master.

> Thanks everyone who's contributed to LXC 1.1 so far and sorry for not
> releasing an alpha earlier, I'd been postponing most of it due for the
> systemd changes and those took longer to figure out than expected.

Surprise, surprise...  Has the lxc.kmsg thing and systemd-journald going
rogue been sorted?  Dwight has had it covered in Oracle and I'm trying
to cover it in a pending patch for Fedora and CentOS.  Is there anything
I've missed or Dwight has missed in the rpm camps (Oracle, Fedora,
CentOS, SUSE)?

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com