[lxc-devel] multiple lxc container path directories?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Jun 12 14:18:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 08:10 +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On 06/08/14 18:59, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> >
> > I see, reviewing my notes now, that you were the one who brought it up
> > back in December last year.  Funny too that I just got done doing
> > something very very similar for lxc-autostart and the -g/--groups
> > parameter (which is a comma separated string with multiple invocations).
> >

> Of course I remember. That was about extending the -P option.

> This thread is about changing the lxcpath config option, keeping
> -P as it is. The difference is: Some "wrapper" functionality could
> loop over all lxc config dirs, to run an "lxc-* -P /somdir" command
> either for all affected containers (e.g. to start or stop a set of
> containers), or for the first container with a matching name.

> AFAICS this would have a much smaller impact on the lxc-* commands,
> making it more easy to implement (hopefully). Probably I do not see
> all problems of this approach yet, so I started a sample implemen-
> tation (a bash wrapper script). Its not complete yet; stay tuned.

It's really the same thing as it feeds into the same area of code.
Also, it seems that some of the code already exists as the processing
logic for -P can handing multiple invocations and it's up to the calling
command to allow for it.  If no -P options are specified, then the
global lxcpath config variable is loaded in place of the -P option.  So
they're intimately linked.