[lxc-devel] Last minute template addition - universal image based template

KATOH Yasufumi karma at jazz.email.ne.jp
Mon Jan 13 13:38:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

>>> On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:10:14 -0500
    in message   "[lxc-devel] Last minute template addition - universal image based	template"
                  Stéphane Graber-san wrote:

> With all that said, I'll start working on the implementation of this and
> hope to have the server working with ubuntu and debian images published
> over the next few days.
> If any other distro is interested (I very much hope they all will),
> start by switching to lxc.include for your config, using something
> similar to what ubuntu is doing, then get in touch with me.

I sent the patch that lxc-plamo supports lxc.include.

Plamo Linux has simple package management system that is use tar and
(gzip|bzip2|xz). So originally, lxc-plamo works on any other distros
(including Ubuntu :-).

So we can create root.tar.gz of plamo linux on Ubuntu host. But
plamo doesn't have the way to updating packages from remote repository
like apt and yum. So if once we create the cache for creating rootfs
(using lxc-plamo via lxc-create), we can't updating rootfs. In this
case, do we set long before "expiry" date?

Is there anything I should do for pre-build image?

--
KATOH Yasufumi