[lxc-devel] Next few milestones for 1.0

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 10 16:03:27 UTC 2014

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you a quick update on the release plan for LXC 1.0.

The next milestone will be LXC 1.0 rc1 which I plan on releasing early
next week (Tuesday is my plan for now), after that I plan on doing at
least one rc release per week until the final release of LXC 1.0.

The tentative release date for LXC 1.0 is the 18th of February.

As we get closer to that date, we'll also be stricter on what gets in.
I'd strongly recommend that any new feature, new template or user
visible changes (config entries, ...) be done or at least announced
before we start rolling out release candidates (so before the 14th of
January).

The remainder of the time should be used to:
 - Fix bugs (https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues?milestone=none&state=open)
 - Update documentation
 - Update bindings to be in sync with the current API
 - Write and run tests

Currently known changes that still need landing:
 - cgmanager support
 - lxc-start-ephemeral refactoring
 - possibly a new template (will write a separate e-mail for that)

Please reply to this e-mail if you are working on any feature change
which you want to see included in LXC 1.0.