[lxc-devel] Question on lxc-snapshot

John Peacock jpeacock at messagesystems.com
Wed Jan 8 20:41:09 UTC 2014

I'm running lxc-daily ppa (as of today's build).  No where in the
documentation for lxc-snapshot can I find any prohibition of creating a
snapshot of a running container, yet:

$ sudo lxc-snapshot -n rh65-dev
lxc_container: error: Original container (rh65-dev) is running
lxc_container: clone of /var/lib/lxc/container:rh65-dev failed

Is that only a temporary issue or is that likely to a permanent
limitation of the code?  I can certainly understand not allowing a
snapshot to be restored to a live instance, but btrfs at least is
capable of snapshots of a live filesystem.

TIA

John

--
JOHN PEACOCK
senior software build and release engineer

tel 410-872-4910 x239
email john.peacock at messagesystems.com