[lxc-devel] Cells open source release

Jeremy C. Andrus jeremya at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Sep 20 12:33:12 UTC 2013

On Sep 19, 2013, at 10:25 AM, shridutt kothari <shriduttkothari at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> That sounds awesome, What would be the key use cases we can imagine with this?

We discuss several use cases both in our paper, and on our website:
    http://cells.cs.columbia.edu/.

As a quick summary, multiple, isolated, virtual devices on the same phone can allow
business professionals to carry a single phone that contains both corporate and
personal phones, providing an efficient, high performance BYOD solution. Application
developers can use multiple virtual devices to test different applications and
configurations. Cells also gives parents a way to isolate applications and settings in a
kid-friendly virtual tablet while simultaneously running a full-featured tablet configured
with private email addresses and applications on the same physical tablet.

Best,

        -Jeremy

Jeremy C. Andrus
PhD Candidate