[lxc-devel] [Not A Patch] [POC] Proof of concept code for using devtmpfs for autodev and more...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Nov 1 22:23:54 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-01 at 17:18 -0500, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> > On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 13:00 -0500, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> > > Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> > >
> > > (Printed this out to look it over, just putting all my comments together
> > > here) :
> > >
> > > 1. I think if /dev is not devtmpfs, we should just bail on this.
> > >
> > > 2. You say in comments that you're using the cgroup name, but it seems
> > >    you're actually just using the container name?
> > >
> > > 3. The cgroup name used to be unique, but now each mounted cgroupfs
> > >    can actually have a different name for the same container (if some
> > >    of them didn't get cleaned out well).
> >
> > Maybe I misunderstood something here but I thought you told me at

> You did (or I wasn't clear :).  The container names need to be unique within
> a given lxcpath.  So you can

> 	lxc-create -t fedora -n Fedora19
> 	lxc-create -t fedora -n Fedora19 -P /opt/lxc1
> 	for i in `seq 2 201; do
> 		lxc-create -t fedora -n Fedora19 -P /opt/lxc$i
> 	done

> and start them all by passing -P <lxcpath> to lxc-start.

Ah!  Got it.  Yeah, we didn't get down into that level of detail so that
makes more sense.  That definitely gives me more to work from.

Thanks!

> -serge

Regards,
Mike