[lxc-devel] [Not A Patch] [POC] Proof of concept code for using devtmpfs for autodev and more...

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 1 22:18:29 UTC 2013

Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 13:00 -0500, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> > Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> > > I did incorporate your suggestion of using the hash of the rootfs path
> > > as the subdirectory under the hosts /dev/ for the container.  I also
> >
> > (Printed this out to look it over, just putting all my comments together
> > here) :
> >
> > 1. I think if /dev is not devtmpfs, we should just bail on this.
> >
> > 2. You say in comments that you're using the cgroup name, but it seems
> >    you're actually just using the container name?
> >
> > 3. The cgroup name used to be unique, but now each mounted cgroupfs
> >    can actually have a different name for the same container (if some
> >    of them didn't get cleaned out well).
>
> Maybe I misunderstood something here but I thought you told me at

You did (or I wasn't clear :).  The container names need to be unique within
a given lxcpath.  So you can

	lxc-create -t fedora -n Fedora19
	lxc-create -t fedora -n Fedora19 -P /opt/lxc1
	for i in `seq 2 201; do
		lxc-create -t fedora -n Fedora19 -P /opt/lxc$i
	done

and start them all by passing -P <lxcpath> to lxc-start.

-serge