[lxc-devel] [Not A Patch] [POC] Proof of concept code for using devtmpfs for autodev and more...

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 1 20:03:25 UTC 2013

Quoting Michael H. Warfield (mhw at WittsEnd.com):
> The only place that's being used is in creating a symlink...
>
> /dev/.lxc/$name -> /dev/.lxc/$pathhash
>
> I use it for the same reason you wanted the extra bind mounts to
> $lxcpath/$lxcname.dev.  In your case, you wanted to see the dev mappings

Oh - gotcha.  Well in that case I'd say just create your own unique
$name.$index.  that should be enough info.

Oh now unprivileged container creation of course will not be able
to do this as I won't be able to create /dev/.lxc/anything as uid
1000.

> in the mount tables, in my case I was going for them in the symlinks
> in /dev/.  It's so I can correlate a cgroup name and browsing the
> cgroups with the same name in /dev/.lxc.
>
> > > Is that something I should be pulling out of the
> > > cgroup info structure?
>
> > Yes.  I don't know offhand where though.
>
> K  I'll look into that deeper.  Right now I'm going to play with this
> whole idea of two containers with the same name and see how all that
> works.
>
> I'm also trying to figure out where those "rootfsproc" and "rootfssys"
> subdirectories in /var/lib/lxc/$name/ are being creating.  I'm having a

I don't know either.  I don't have them.  Could it be the fedora
template somewhere along the way?  My first thought was the new
automounting stuff, but I don't see it there...

-serge