[lxc-devel] Container autostart proposal V2

Harald Dunkel harri at afaics.de
Thu May 30 06:35:47 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

If its not too late for a suggestion:

lxc-stop could provide an option -A to shutdown/stop all
containers, independent from their autostart flag. Worst
case scenario (almost) is that a disk has an IO error and
the config files cannot be read anymore.

For my own part, if I want to stop the LXC server, then I
don't care whether the containers were started manually or
automatically. They have to stop asap to allow to unmount
the partitions.

And one question:

Do lxc-start -a ... and lxc-stop -a ... start/stop all LXC
containers in parallel, if their order and group are the
same? I am concerned about accumulating timeouts or delays
at shutdown or startup time of the host.

Many thanx
Harri