[lxc-devel] 0.9.x versions before 1.0

Dwight Engen dwight.engen at oracle.com
Thu Jul 11 14:51:03 UTC 2013

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 09:22:47 -0500
Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Quoting Stéphane Graber (stgraber at ubuntu.com):
> > To add to the "you broke my lxc-create" list, the new version also
> > dropped the fancy header I introduced a while back (showing the
> > template name, the arguments passed to it and the checksum of the
> > template used at the time.
> >
> > An example was:
> > # Template used to create this container: ubuntu
> > # Parameters passed to the template: -a amd64 -r precise
> > # Template script checksum (SHA-1):
> > b1f15036868c53cca0698f1efcadd88dfefaee9b
>
> So as it stands, when you clone a container etc the comments
> get dropped.  When you use the API to add a config item and
> rewrite it, you lose comments.

Hi Serge, I also noticed that when you clone the lxc.id_map items get
dropped as well. Maybe this is intentional though, I guess the clone
should really get some new, unique range but we'd have to figure out
what that range is and also shift the ids in the rootfs so that seems
like not an easy problem.