[lxc-devel] Howto user namespaces?

Rui Xiang rui.xiang at huawei.com
Tue Jul 9 11:34:25 UTC 2013

On 2013/7/5 19:48, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Rui Xiang (rui.xiang at huawei.com):
>> The same issue troubles me. I try to start the container by these ways
>> in the mails, but get error results too.
>>
>> So I want to know about the plan to fix it. And your some advice are
>> appreciated. :)
>
> Hi,
>
> could you please start from the top explaining how you installed lxc,
> set up the container, started it, and what went wrong?

Hi,

I got lxc sources from the repo git://github.com/lxc/lxc (lxc 0.9.0),
and installed it in redhat6. The kernel version is 3.10.0.

I've created an opensuse template and then added the lines to config :
 lxc.tty = 4
 lxc.pts = 1024
 lxc.mount  = /home/container/lxc4test/fstab
 lxc.id_map = u 0 10000 2000
 lxc.id_map = g 0 10000 2000

lxc-start failed:
  # lxc-start -n foo  -f config
  lxc-start: Operation not permitted - failed to set mode '020644' to '/dev/pts/5'
  lxc-start: failed to setup the console for 'foo'
  lxc-start: failed to setup the container
  lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
  lxc-start: failed to spawn 'foo'

As the discussion in previous mails, I add this to config:
  lxc.ttydir = lxc

but lxc-start still failed:
  # lxc-start -n foo  -f config
  lxc-start: Operation not permitted - failed to set mode '020644' to '/dev/pts/1'
  lxc-start: failed to setup the console for 'foo'
  lxc-start: failed to setup the container
  lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
  lxc-start: failed to spawn 'foo'

After setting lxc.tty = 0, the result was error too:
  lxc-start: Operation not permitted - failed to set mode '020644' to '/dev/pts/1'.

So ashamed that I have no better ways to solve it now. :(

thanks.