[lxc-devel] Some questions for migrating from OpenVZ to LXC

Navid Paya navid at regentmarkets.com
Wed Jan 16 01:58:22 UTC 2013

Hi
My company is planning to replace OpenVZ with LXC. We use Debian. So here
are my questions:

   1. I was wondering if there's a change log which can tell us what we
   could gain if we chose 0.9 over 0.8 although it's still in alpha.
   Performance, ease of use, ...?
   2. Is there any document about migrating from OpenVZ to LXC. I saw the
   Debian wiki notes on stuff like creating the tty nodes and such but I still
   have problems.
   3. Debian Wheezy comes with some templates but none of them work. To be
   specific, when I use lxc-debian template, it complains about live-debconfig
   bot being present and starts failing. Do you guys know of some template or
   method I can use to do a flawless container creation?

Regards

Navid