[lxc-devel] Alpha3 is getting close

Dwight Engen dwight.engen at oracle.com
Wed Feb 6 17:32:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 22:44:08 -0600
Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at canonical.com> wrote:

> Quoting Stéphane Graber (stgraber at ubuntu.com):
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > So I'm planning on sending my alpha3 pull request to Daniel on the
> > 11th of February, so in just two weeks.
> >
> > There are still a few more things I'd like to see make it into
> > alpha3, here are the few I can remember at the moment:
> >  - Make sure we have a manpage for each binary and that it's up to
> > date
> >  - Rename /etc/lxc/lxc.conf to /etc/lxc/default.conf
> >  - Introduce /etc/lxc/lxc.conf as a system wide configuration file
> > for things like the container path, the cache path, the templates
> > path, ...
> >  - API calls: get/set_lxc_path (or should that be _container_path?)
>
> I've got a stab at get/set_lxc_path at
> 	git://github.com/hallyn/lxc #s.feb5.api-setpath3
> (aka https://github.com/hallyn/lxc/tree/s.feb5.api-setpath.3)
>
> It build and installs fine from git, and basic lxc-create etc seem
> to be working.  I haven't yet packaged it to give it heavier testing.
>
> It came out nicer than I'd expected.  We do need to pick a better
> place to leave lxc.functions - I just wasn't sure what the best
> FHS+autoconf place would be.  Other packages seem to use
> /usr/share/$pkg, but there is no convenient autoconf variable (that
> I could find) for that.  So I'm doing it by hand, though we could
> also just use $pkglibexec (yuck, but...).

Hi Serge, thanks for doing this, it will be nice to have this run time
configurable! A couple of comments:

- Is $datadir/lxc what you're looking for for lxc.functions? I think
  thats how templates make it into /usr/share/lxc/templates

- It looks like the uses of snprintf(offset, len, abstractname(), name)
  are leaky since abstractname() returns a malloc'ed pointer

- Is there a reason why we don't make lxcapi_get_config_path() return
  c->config_path but as const? lxcapi_state() returns a const char *,
  but lxcapi_config_file_name() is strdup'ed non const. IMHO making
  the api return const char * is cleaner.

- In default_lxc_path() I don't think its safe to fclose(fin) when it
  wasn't opened.

Thanks!