[lxc-devel] Beta: LXC template for gentoo

lxc at zitta.fr lxc at zitta.fr
Sun Dec 29 10:35:59 UTC 2013

> Ok...  Initial tests completed.
>
> Observations:
>
> *) Line 106: That mkdir needs a -p for the initial cache setup.  After
> that, I was able to successfully build a Gentoo container on my Fedora
> 19 host.  Good deal.
fixed

> *) You probably do NOT need these entries in the config file:
>
> # /dev/tty{0,1}
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:1 rwm
> lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 4:0 rwm
>
> Those will be created as bind mounts to pty devices.
>
> *) Similarly, not sure having the tun device in the default config is
> such a good idea.
it is not intended to be by default, fixed that in
https://github.com/gza/lxc-gentoo-template/commit/b73053b077be1cb4f2844baa73da52062a044e10

> *) Was not obvious what the login credentials were.  Had to look it up
> in the script.  Using root/toor is almost as bad as root/root.  In the
> Fedora and CentOS templates, I'm proposing to use temporary root
> passwords of "Root-${name}-${RANDOM}" and highly this at the end of the
> script in the user instructions.
I aggree, it's like devices white list policy, should be in a global
"Lxc template policy" Document
shall we write one  ? and propose it ?

> *) Needs some clear user instructions at the end of the template to
> instruct the user what to do next (like what the password is and that
> hey should change it as soon as possible).

I think last commit made user instructions more undestandable.

thanks