[lxc-devel] Announcing public builds of LXC for Android

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 10 22:07:24 UTC 2013

Hello,

Some of you may have noticed the rather large amount of fixes I've been
working on for a while to get LXC to behave mostly fine on Android.

With the recent rework of LXC's automated build system, I'm now happy to
announce that every hour (provided there's a change in git master), a
new android tarball will be produced with binaries built against the
current version of the Android NDK.

Resulting builds may be found at:
http://qa.linuxcontainers.org/master/current/android-armel/

If you want to run those, you'll need an ARM based Android device with a
compatible kernel (you'll likely need to hand-build one), then unpack
the tarball in /, unpack a container in /data/lxc/containers/ and
finally start it with "./run-lxc lxc-start -n <container>".

I expect all the binaries command to work fine. The templates and all
other scripts currently don't due to the rather limited shell being
available on Android. I may try to resolve that in the near future.

Have fun!