[lxc-devel] how to tell lxc-monitord to go away?

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Fri Dec 6 08:16:34 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

If I shut down my drbd partition to mount it on another
host, then lxc-monitord keeps the mount point busy for at
least 30 seconds. This means additional 30 seconds
unavailability of the service provided by the container.
Highly painful.

Do you think it would be possible to write down the PID
somewhere to support "kill `cat /somepath/lxc/lxc-monitord.pid`"
as usual? Or is there an undocumented feature in lxc-monitor,
e.g. "lxc-monitor -P /somepath/lxc --kill"?

Many thanx in advance
Harri