[lxc-devel] Preparation for LXC 1.0 alpha-1

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 12 13:14:37 UTC 2013

Quoting Stéphane Graber (stgraber at ubuntu.com):
> Hey everyone,
>
> Sorry for not being much more active lately, other priorities at work
> prevented me from doing much LXC works thos past few months.
>
> With LXC 1.0 scheduled for release in early 2014 (February is the
> current target) and Plumbers 2013 next month, I think it's time to
> release an alpha-1.
>
> My current target is for a release the week of the 26th (so in two
> weeks).
>
> By then we should try to have all current patches reviewed and landed,
> fix any obvious regressions and update any manpage that's currently out
> of date.
>
> So it'd be great if everyone could focus the next week or so on fixing
> any known bug/regressions and keep their feature changes for after
> alpha-1.
>
> On my side, I noticed that LXC no longer builds on Android/Bionic so
> I'll try to get that fixed by alpha-1 so LXC can be built with the
> latest Android NDK.

I noticed that starting cgroups in a nested environment with the
mountcgroups hook is broken.  I'm going to change the cgroup code
in the next few days to:

1. instead of storing a single 'lxcgroup' for all subsystems, store
a struct per cgroup mount.
2. store the subsystem mountpont and the full path to the container's
cgroup file, rather than the '/proc/self/cgroup' value, which is
meaningless in nested context if we bind-mount the first level
container's cgroup entries.
3. probably add an entry to /etc/lxc/lxc.conf to optionally list
the cgroup mount points to respect.  That way people with funkier
setups - with extra cgroup mounts which lxc shouldn't touch - can
work around the funkiness.

It would be nice to get lxc-usernic into the tree, but I guess that
could wait until right after the alpha1, and go in along with the
core unprivileged containers code.

-serge