[lxc-devel] [Lxc-users] LXC- ARM6 RaspberryPI Fedora core 14

Bas Pape baspape at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 12:19:03 UTC 2013

> Just a follow up question, I had a chat today with an ArchArm user in
> the IRC chat channel, and
> he said that it is impossible to run a x86 container on Lxc with an ARM
> host . Is this true ?

Yes, it is. Linux containers (the concept, not just this particular
set of tools) use the host kernel and isolate applications using
namespaces. This also means that if the host kernel is not able to run
the application, it won't work. arm kernels cannot run x86, so plain
lxc won't work (qemu might, but whether that's a good idea on arm...)

--
Tucos