[lxc-devel] Usability: lxc-ls

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 29 14:19:26 UTC 2012

Hi Serge

On 29/06/2012 10:02, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Good point.  But note that lxc-ls is currently a script with no code in
> liblxc, so while we may get a version of the API with no ls defined, at
> least it won't have ls badly defined :)
>
>> IMHO the functionality of the three status commands could even be merged into
>> a single utility:
>>
>> * lxc-ls
>> * lxc-list
>> * lxc-info
>
> Jonathan, is your modified lxc-ls another script?  I liked the output of
> your lxc-ls :)

It uses lxc-list to get the list of containers. I guess I might as well
post a link to it here: http://irc.jonathancarter.org/files/rlxc/rlxc

I would've put it on github or something but it's definitely going to be
abandoned for a python version that uses liblxc.

> Would someone care to write a patch to implement ls in the api, against
> lp:~ubuntu-lxc/ubuntu/quantal/lxc/lxc-api-and-python/ (define it in
> src/lxc/lxccontainer.{c,h}?  I may not be able to get to it until the
> week after next.

I'm secretly hoping that Stéphane will just do all of that :p

It's a long weekend for me this weekend and it's already quite loaded,
but I think I'll spend at least a little time on starting on a nice new
script that uses liblxc for everything that gives pretty output :)

-Jonathan