[lxc-devel] Does lxc support unionfs ?

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Wed Jun 6 05:11:06 UTC 2012

Quoting Jin Chen (ciccinocj at gmail.com):
> Another question.
>
> If I start a ubuntu template lxc container tm1 and do "lxc-start-ephemeral
>  -o tm1", overlayfs mount will not include those ramfs (e.g. /proc, /sys,
> /run) in original container root directory, right ? Actually, I think this
> script run outside container tm1 and it even can't see those ramfs
> directories in original container.

Yes, lxc-start-ephemeral isn't meant to be used with a running container
as the original.  Rather you create a pristine container, then use it only
as a base for multiple ephemeral containers.

Note also that if /var is btrfs, then lxc-create will automatically
use btrfs snapshots for creating containers.

-serge