[lxc-devel] LXC 0.9.alpha1

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Dec 6 18:10:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-06 at 12:46 -0500, Dwight Engen wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 12:30:18 -0500
> "Michael H. Warfield" <mhw at WittsEnd.com> wrote:

<Snip>

> Yeah, the duplicates are just warnings, but we probably should fix it by
> listing the files individually instead of using the glob.
>
> > > Also got a /usr/local/var/lib/lxc in there at line 100 that's
> > > "@LXCPATH@".  That doesn't look right.  Shouldn't that have ended
> > > up /var/lib/lxc without the "/usr/local" part?  Shouldn't that be
> > > using the rpm macros there too?

> When you run ./configure, you have to pass the same options rpmbuild
> will to make sure LXCPATH gets expanded right.

Yeah, problem is that it's blowing in the rpmbuild.  So something isn't
getting passed right in the spec file.

Looks like that line in the spec file should have been this...

%{_localstatedir}/lib/lxc

Instead of this (like I set it)...

/var/lib/lxc

And certainly not this...

/usr/local/var/lib/lxc

Not sure where the breakage was but I'm guess the line in lxc.spec.in at
line 65 is the culprit...

--
%{_libdir}/%{name}
@LXCPATH@

Maybe should have been...

--
%{_libdir}/%{name}
%{_localstatedir}/var/lxc

There may be a more appropriate macro for /var/lib but I'm not sure of
it.

> > > After making those corrections, I was able to build rpms for F17
> > > and I'm starting testing from them now.

My test system is running right now with the prealpha git code installed
from rpms I built from stage with those corrections.  I have F14, F15,
and F17 containers as well as CentOS 5 and 6 containers.  All seem
content.

Regards,
Mike