[lxc-devel] Fwd: sshd broken on fedora -- status of Ubuntu patches?

Ryan Campbell ryan.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:11:24 UTC 2011

[Reposted from users list]

fedora 13 / Linux  2.6.34

I tried to create an sshd container, but received an error when I try
to start it:

lxc-create -n sshd -t sshd
# lxc-start -n sshd
/usr/local/lib/lxc/lxc-init is /usr/local/lib/lxc/lxc-init
sshd is /usr/sbin/sshd
lxc-init: Read-only file system - failed to create '/dev/mqueue'

I noticed this ubunut release of lxc [1], especially, this patch [2]
which seems to resolve the issue.

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc/0.7.5-0ubuntu6
[2] http://launchpadlibrarian.net/78721889/lxc_0.7.5-0ubuntu5_0.7.5-0ubuntu6.diff.gz

However, this patch doesn't seem to be applied to lxc mainline.  Is
there a reason for this?  If this bug affects both Fedora and Ubuntu,
to me it indicates something that should probably be fixed upstream,
no?

Thanks,
Ryan