[lxc-devel] Reg: Using an ISO image as rootfs for a LXC

Alphonse Hansel Anthony alphonse.anthony at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:24:58 UTC 2011

Hi Daniel,

  I am using lxc utils (0.7.4.2).
  In my case, I am trying to mount the rootfs.iso as "/" within the
Container and it fails with "No such file or directory".

I am just wondering if any additional options are required to make the
mounted ISO visible across pivot_root boundaries, similar to "MS_BIND" mount
option for files/directories.

Can you copy-paste your lxc.conf file? I would like to cross verify with
options that I had specified.

    The second case that you had mentioned works for me.
  My rootfs is a directory on the host ( /root/lxcOne )
  Mount point for iso with rootfs (/root/lxcOne/mnt)
  After I add the mount options in fstab, I am able to view the content in
</root/lxcOne>/mnt
  directory.

  -Alphonse