[lxc-devel] lxc final thesis

Farcasi Ana-Maria farcasia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:20:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

Indeed, we were refering to the network bandwidth limitation. Sorry for the
confusion.

We have already done some tests with this limitation using tc and cgroups
and we have reached the conclusion that the classification is done
correctly, but the limitation of the bandwidth is not done at all. Here we
have attached our results [1].

We also found this kind of experiments done by some other persons too and
they reached the same conclusion. An example is that from the link [2].

We were thinking to take a look in the kernel too, to see if we can do
something to make the limitation work correctly. Is it a wrong path?

Also, we are open to work on other features for lxc, too if there is
something to be done.

Thanks,
Ana-Maria and Irina.

[1] http://swarm.cs.pub.ro/~irinap/lxc_test